I am available for short term contract work. My experience in Notes and Domino is very hard to match, but I've got lots of experience in other technologies as well. Why should you hire me? I'm honest, hard working, and have a great track record. Some of my qualifications:
- Excellent design & coding skills. The code you'll get from me will be well thought out, well written, and easy to maintain. I keep in mind the maintainer, and try to make sure the code is no more complex than it needs to be to meet the requirements.
- Excellent communication skills. In business, surprises are bad. I'll let you know what to expect up front, and if anything changes from that you'll know as soon as possible. I don't BS to get work; I'm not always right, but I am always honest.
- Lots of experience. I've built GUIs in Lotus Notes and Domino Web server, VB.net, Win32 Api, MFC and Java. I've built backends in C/C++ and Java. I've worked on database engines, networking layers, language runtimes, distributed systems. What technologies I don't know I pick up easily and eagerly.
- I go where others fear to tread. At Iris I took on more than one project that was effectively abandoned because no one else wanted to work on it. Got a really difficult problem? I love a challenge!
- I am a professional. I keep the customers best interests in mind, always. If that means I lose out sometimes in order to meet my commitments, then so be it. My professional reputation is extremely important.
- I'm cheap. I work fast, and I work hard. I don't pad my hours, ever.