Things I Know
This is list of things I need to need to remember and am likely to forget.
- I am forgetful. Perhaps no more than normal, but I forget dates and facts and movie dialogue. I'll forget how I felt about something once, or what it was really like to be somewhere, or why something was successful. And I won't know I forgot it, I won't know I misremember it.
- There is no destiny, no fate, no guarantees.
- I need rest and time to be with my family.
- I need exercise daily. It builds strength and gives me energy and focus.
- I am the same. Every feeling, desire, thought or outlook I have is shared by more people than I can possibly know. I am not unusual or alone.
- I am different. The combination of my parts is, if not unique, at least rare, as is the sum of my experiences. Most people, at any given time, aren't thinking like I think, aren't feeling what I feel, aren't understanding what I understand. And vice-versa. Failure to recognize this leads to communication problems.
- Practice is learning. Practice is learning. Practice is learning. See #1.
- I am resilient. Fear injures me far more than failure.
- I need periods of quiet restful thought every day, a time to think.
- People who really understand me are rare. Care for those relationships and maintain them.
- I make mistakes and I am often blind to them.
- I am lucky. I am very very lucky.
Posted September 28, 2006 3:15 PM