Five things you didn't know about me
- I was a terrible student. I had difficulty paying attention, doing homework and not being cut-up all the time. I likely would have been diagnosed with ADHD growing up. I'm still pretty much the same, though I tend to manage it better.
- I married my high school sweetheart. We first met when I was 17 and she was 16. As much as I loved her then I think I love her more now.
- In a seedy nightclub in Bangkok, my wife and I saw a woman pop balloons from across the room with darts shot out of her vagina. It was every bit as amazing as it sounds.
- I'm kind of a know-it-all jerk. Including knowing I'm a know-it-all. See how annoying that is? Like me dammit!
- I turned down a big contract job from Ray Ozzie at Microsoft. After creating the specs and estimates, I made a hard decision and turned it down to instead continue building CouchDb. Then it was announced Ray would be taking Bill Gates' title as Chief Software Architect. There's that sick feeling again.
Posted January 9, 2007 11:41 PM