The CouchDB development team is proud to announce CouchDB version 0.7.0 is now available at http://code.google.com/p/couchdb/downloads/list.
This release is a major milestone in the project's history.
Key features include:
- a REST API using JSON instead of XML for data transport,
- a GNU Autotools build system supporting most POSIX systems (Noah Slater) ,
- a built-in administration interface (Christopher Lenz),
- experimental fulltext search with Lucene (Jan Lehnardt) and
- countless tweeks, enhancements and other small refinements.
Version 0.7.0 is the first CouchDB release that is intended for widespread use.
The programming interface is now stable enough to encourage application development on top of CouchDB. Please remember that it is still 'alpha software' and that some features may be changed or removed in a future release.
Due to a current limitation in the Erlang/OTP filesystem driver a CouchDB database file can not grow beyond 2 gigabytes in size. This is not a limitation in CouchDB itself, but in the standard library it uses. This problem will be addressed in a future release.
Special Thanks to William Beh, Jan Lehnardt, Roger Leigh, Christopher Lenz, Sam Ruby, Dirk Schalge, Noah Slater and Carlos Valiente.
Posted November 16, 2007 10:11 PM